Thursday, 16 May 2013
Wednesday, 1 May 2013
- we made a quick trip to melbourne for an amazing wedding
- discovered possibly the greatest op shop in taswegia
- attended a brilliant play at the royal theatre hobart
- explored some lovely launceston streets
- as well as the launceston gorge...
- took a mini getaway to carlton river with a beautiful friend
- zipped up to stanley
- enjoyed the last of the sunshine
- and ate like kings at peppermint bay
Monday, 1 April 2013
Wednesday, 20 March 2013
Saturday, 16 March 2013
tim and i have decided to put our little home in the twigs on the market... she is such a beautiful cottage and we loved our time living there but after the past year living in hobart we feel this is the place for us to stay longer term. we hope her next owner loves her as much as we did.
Sunday, 3 March 2013
Thursday, 28 February 2013
over the past few months i have watched some works happening at a spot not too far from our home. today when i walked by i got to have a proper look at what had appeared in this little space. it seems the area used to be part of st george's church and was used as a burial ground from 1846 to 1872.
in 1928 the area was cleared and a school and homes were built there. over the years excavations and works have uncovered headstones and other pieces from the site. a beautiful monument now stands in this little park made from all the pieces found there. i think it's quite lovely.